Back in June (before we went to Japan :) I posted about my big summer project, what they call a dissertation for Nerd Wars 2. My proposal was to make 14 hats, one for each week of Nerd Wars 2, to be donated to relief efforts for the survivors of the March, 2011 earthquake & tsunami in the Touhouku region of Japan. The deadline for my original proposal is August 31st & I'm happy to say that I posted the finished project today. Yay!
Here's a gallery of the hats I made & some commentary on them:
- I used 11 different patterns, 7 of them from books or other sources, & 5 patterns were my own design. Half of the hats were from my own designs.
- I used 25 different colours of yarn to make these hats :D
and the Frog Hat, made for a NW2R1 challenge.
I've also decided to make a pair of mittens for each hat, & so far 9 of the hats have mittens:
And here's what I wrote when I posted the finished project, describing the process of making these hats: