After putting together a sort of neckline, I measured the blocks to see how many I'd need to go around me. Then I stalled-out, although I did write up a pattern using the measurements I'd taken, so I could start up again when I felt like it. Then, after finishing the Syacamore Poncho, I wanted to make something else poncho-ish & remembered the partly-done sweater. It wasn't to hard to re-think it as a poncho, & so I got to work again over the weekend. I finished it last evening, washed & blocked it this morning, and am very pleased with the results.
It measures about 52"x64", and is 5 blocks long x 6 blocks wide, with one missing for the neck. I used a size I/9/5.50mm hook with the aforementioned worsted yarn. The neck hole was a bit too big, so I did some filler with motif-y stitches to fill it in a bit.
Here's a block close-up:
And here's the whole thing blocking:
I'm definitely encouraged by this progress, finishing 2 projects in one week, although I'm not sure I can keep it going at this rate... However, I'm very psyched to be able to wear my new poncho tomorrow!