amigurumi

amigurumi

Monday, March 28, 2011

Granny Weatherwax's Frogs :)


Hi All! Another break between natural-dyeing posts, here's my second contribution to Guild Wars 2 over at the Ankh-Morpork Knitter's Guild at Ravelry. They are the very relieved frogs in Granny Weatherwax's kitchen (Guild Wars Challenge 1 is items found in a witch's kitchen). Why are they relieved? you may ask... Well, Granny fished them out of the kettle before putting it on the fire for tea (a running gag in Terry Pratchett's Disc World books).

I made them from the frog pattern in Tamie Snow's tiny yarn animals book, in 3 colours of KnitPicks' Pallette (fingering) green. I used a size C/2.2.75mm hook & small black buttons for the eyes, mouths embroidered in black Pallete. Each little (~ 2 1/2" tall) frog has a mother-of-pearl heart inside, along with the stuffing. I got in the habit of doing this when I made the guys on my main blog pic last Spring. I made the froggies over 3 days this past week, the idea for them having just popped into my mind...

Having hopped off the flowery tea cup, they are now on the shelf above the sink (making some new friends), still feeling relieved...


No comments:

Post a Comment