amigurumi

amigurumi

Monday, May 23, 2011

Crochet Flower Motif String Bag


I just got done uploading my second pattern over at Ravelry, the Crochet Flower Motif String Bag. I'm really excited about finally getting some of the patterns I've designed available online. Both this one & my first, (the Shell Crochet tea Cozy) are available for free as pdf downloads from Ravelry.

As you can see, it's your basic string bag (about 22" long from handles to bottom) but it has a pretty motif on the bottom. I blogged my first motif-bottom string bag a few weeks ago, & decided to make another one & write the pattern as I went. I used the Harmony Guide- Crochet Stitch Motifs again for the motif, the flower hexagon on pg. 54, which I adapted slightly for the bag. I used KnitPicks CotLin, which is a sport weight, cotton & linen blend, & a size F/5/3.75mm hook. The motif string bag that I made previously was based on a Red Heart company pattern, but this one is my own design because I liked the idea of a simpler top & handles for the bag. It also takes less yarn to make than the Red Heart pattern, but the bag is the same size. Go fig...

I like the way it turned out. I plan to make a pattern for the swirl one from the earlier blog post soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment