amigurumi

amigurumi

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Spiral Motif String Bag

Hello! This may look familiar, since I posted a similar string bag a couple of weeks ago, but this one is leaner & meaner (um, not really) & has been written up as my third free pattern posted on Ravelry. Yay!
I'm very pleased to finally get this pattern uploaded because there were some nice comments on the flower motif bag pattern and I wanted to make the spiral one available, too. Since I'd already made a spiral motif bag I thought it might go quickly. But I had to modify the spiral motif (pg. 74 in the Harmony Guide's crochet stitch motifs) because it was a bit too big, so I ended up making another bag & rewriting as I crocheted.

I used KnitPick's CotLin again which is dk weight, using Coffee colour this time, and a size F/5/3.75mm hook. It took just under 2 skeins to make the ~22" long bag. I like how it turned out, & at the rate I'm making string bags, I'm getting a head start on Christmas gifts :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love this bag pattern & have made several as gifts. I would love to chat to you about the possibility of me using your pattern to teach a small group workshop I have coming up next year. Gayle x

    ReplyDelete