amigurumi

amigurumi

Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainbow Cowl

Another finished rainbow project, hurray! I was inspired by Alice's post "Do You Dare to Wear a Granny Square?" & wanted to make a rainbow version of her granny square cowl. As mentioned in this post, I started it then found I wanted/needed some more colours of the KnitPicks Swish (superwash merino) DK that I was using to make it. The box arrived on Saturday, and after finishing the rainbow bunnies I got right to work on finishing the cowl. I used an I/9/5.50mm hook so the fabric would be drapey.

And I used Alice's Grandala Square instead of a regular granny, extending the square by a few rows so it would be the right size (approx. 7"x7" square). I added a scallop along the edges to tie it all together.

It is the right size, too! It wraps twice around my neck, or once around my neck & up over my head like a hood. So, here's the thing: it's struggling toward Spring here in the NE US, so it's likely that I won't be able to wear my cowl for 6-7 months... (Alice is in New Zealand, so she's gearing up for Winter right now). Unless it really does get down into the 40's by mid-week, as the weather sites have been reporting... Sigh.
You can see why I've been rainbow-addicted during this grey, rainy Spring, can't you?

Well, the rainbow bunnies have found a roost (for now) and are settling-in nicely:
Surrounded by a rubber tree, a Tribble, & the Common Cold, they should feel right at home :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment