Anyway, cotton sport-weight yarn, when crocheted, has a similar body to my worsted-weight cotton, knitted dish-cloths, so I decided it would work. The motif at the top is my adaptation of the Royal Square on pg. 94 of The Harmony Guide, crochet stitch motifs. I changed it because I wanted the flower & petals to be in different colours, & the way the motif is presented it's all one row (petals & leaves). It's nearly 9"x9" square & a good size for a dish-cloth, & is now in use :)
I have at least 5 other motifs from the Harmony Guide bookmarked, so I plan to make more. I got side-tracked by a bigger project (soon to be blogged :) so I hope to make a few more dish-cloths from motifs soon.